Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My perfect Twitter client

I don't want much in a Twitter client. Here it is:

  • One tap/click to move from viewing my mentions to viewing my favourite list.
  • Highlighting when there are new items from a list, new mentions, new direct messages, etc
  • Accurate conversation view
  • Auto-completion of usernames and hashtags
  • "Post using this hashtag" function
  • URL shortening.
  • Easy image attachment.

On the iPhone, the free Echofon app handles all of this easily and without fuss. I keep trying alternative clients, but I always come back.

Unfortunately, and incomprehensibly, the same Echofon app, running on the big-screen iPad, makes life HARDER by insisting on TWO clicks to go from mentions to your favourite list. Fail.

On the Mac, I do use Echofon, but it doesn't have auto-completion, and it doesn't have "post with this tag". It does the rest so simply, that I stick with it.

On Windows, I'm all at sea... using Seesmic Web

Anyone have any recommendations for Mac, Windows and iPad that would satisfy this simple man?

Thanks,
Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment